By Joe Haefner
Below is a video of the legendary Dave Hopla talking about shooting. Below the video you will find 10 tips to improve your shooting that he mentions in the video.
For those of you who don’t know Dave Hopla, he is one of the most highly regarded shooting experts in the world. He has worked for and been consulted by numerous college and NBA teams.
If you ever get the privilege of attending one of his shooting clinics, you will be amazed. He makes 98% to 99% of his shots while giving a lecture at the same time. It is truly amazing.
Dave Hopla also holds the world record for hitting 18 NBA 3-Pointers in 1 minute with 1 ball and 1 passer.
- Practice form shooting.
- Confidence and Visualization are very important.
- You gain confidence through repetition.
- You should keep track of shots. When you record your shots, this leads to you seeing that you’re getting better, and this leads to more confidence and success.
- You should always think you’re going to swish the next shot.
- Consistency is the mark of greatness.
- Target is on the center of the basket.
- Adjust the size of the ball and the height of the rim to the age and size of the kid. Europe has done this for years.
- Best way to become a great scorer is to get time to get your shot off. The best way to get time is to run through screens.
- Anyone can become a good shooter. You need to challenge yourself, track yourself, and put in extra time. Ray Allen comes to the gym four hours before a game. Kobe Bryant is the first one in the gym. Michael Jordan had the breakfast club.